Spiced Cranberry Gelatin Mold
I love serving this pretty salad to guest. Children also love it so you can also serve it for dessert.—Sherry Conley, Noel Hants County, Nova Scotia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups chilled cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the cranberry juice, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves; refrigerate for 1 hour or until partially set.
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, orange and pecans; fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined platter.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 191 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Spiced Christmas Cranberry Salad in Country Woman Christmas 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.