Spiced Cranberry Gelatin Mold
I love serving this pretty salad to guest. Children also love it so you can also serve it for dessert.—Sherry Conley, Noel Hants County, Nova Scotia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups chilled cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the cranberry juice, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves; refrigerate for 1 hour or until partially set.
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, orange and pecans; fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined platter.