This cake is a cross between a fruit crisp and a moist cake. We love the festive cranberry filling with its sweet-tangy flavor and the combination of soft cake, tender fruit and crunchy topping. —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size), divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red raspberry preserves
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°. For topping, in a bowl, combine 3/4 cup cake mix, butter and water; stir in pecans. For cranberry filling, in another bowl, combine cranberries, sugar, preserves and 2 tablespoons cake mix.
- In a third bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, milk, pie spice and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer batter to a greased 13x9-in. pan. Spoon cranberry filling over top to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with topping to edges of pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Cranberry Crisp Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p80