Spiced Cookie Strips
Convenient refrigerated cookie dough and a few spices from your cupboard are all you need to bake these yummy cookie strips. Your family will want to gobble them up right out of the oven.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Remove cookie dough from package and coat with flour. Shake excess flour onto work surface. Roll out dough on floured surface into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut rectangle in half lengthwise. Cut widthwise into 1-in. strips. Carefully transfer strips to two ungreased baking sheets.
- Combine butter and spices; brush over strips. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 208 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Spiced Cookie Strips in 2002 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.