Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 8 cups brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon anise extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine coffee, sugar, chocolate syrup and extract. Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose spices; tie securely with string. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours.
- Discard spice bag. If desired, serve coffee with cinnamon sticks.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 64 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jan 4, 2016
Anise in coffee?! After having this, I'll always make coffee this way! So easy and the flavors are really bold and wonderful! This is great with some steamed milk too!
Sep 20, 2013
Delicious. I don't drink coffee, but I use Teechino herbal coffee for this recipe and it is to die for.