Spiced Coffee with Cream
This recipe was a wonderful discovery made 50 years ago. I serve it to company or as a treat for my husband and me. -Alpha Wilson, Roswell, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot strong brewed coffee
- Ground nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Pour milk into a small bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes or until ice crystals begin to form.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla; beat until thick and fluffy. Divide between two mugs; add coffee. Garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon sticks. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 55 calories, 2g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Spiced Coffee with Cream in Reminisce September/October 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.