VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot strong brewed coffee
- Ground nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Pour milk into a small mixing bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes or until ice crystals begin to form.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla; beat until thick and fluffy. Pour about 1/2 cup into each cup. Add coffee; sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve immediately; garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Coffee with Cream in Reminisce September/October 2001, p50