- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 bottle (64 ounces) apple cider or juice, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- Optional garnishes: cinnamon sticks and orange slices
- Place sugar, spices and 1 cup cider in a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in juice concentrate until melted.
- Transfer to a large pitcher. Stir in remaining cider. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- To serve, pour cider mixture into a punch bowl. Stir in ginger ale. Garnish as desired. Yield: 12 servings (about 3-1/4 quarts).
Reviews forSpiced Cider Punch
"Instant hit for church functions. Everyone loves it and it is very easy to multiply for large crowds. (Just an FYI: I have tried it, but I didn't really care for this punch warmed.)"
"I made this for a women's event at my church and it was the star of our drink workshop. I didn't hear one bad response all night!"
"This punch was delicious!! We enjoyed it warm and chilled. Everyone loved it and many asked for the recipe. They couldn't believe how simple it was to make. I have been requested to make this for our Christmas Eve get-toether."
"I made this for a baby shower, and it was a big hit, now everybody wants the recipe."
"This recipe was AWESOME! easy to make and many people enjoy it."
"This punch is delicious! Perfect for the fall or a Thanksgiving gathering."