Spiced Cider Bundles Recipe
- 24 whole cloves
- 24 whole allspice
- 4 teaspoons dried orange peel
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR SPICED CIDER:
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 1. Cut eight 6-in. squares of cheesecloth; stack two squares on top of each other to make four stacks.
- 2. Place 6 cloves, 6 allspice, 1 teaspoon orange peel and 1 cinnamon stick on each stack; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Yield: 4 bundles.
- 3. To prepare cider: Place cider in a Dutch oven; add one spice bag. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes. Discard spice bag; ladle cider into mugs. Yield: 8 servings per batch.
Editor's Note: To make dried orange peel, finely grate the peel from two oranges; spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 200° for 16-20 minutes or until dry.
1 cup: 120 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.