- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons egg yolk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in wine and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, egg yolk and confectioners' sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the flour, ginger and cinnamon until well blended. Gradually beat in butter mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160° and sides of cakes are set.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around edges of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSpiced Chocolate Molten Cakes
"This is absolutely wonderful... very decadent! I tripled the recipe to feed my family of five. All of us enjoyed it immensely (including our toddler)."