Spiced Cereal Crunch
My mother gave me the recipe for this irresistible party pleaser. I receive compliments every time I serve it.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
Makesabout 3 quarts
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups each Wheat Chex, Rice Chex and Corn Chex
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the cereals and nuts in a large roasting pan; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, cinnamon and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil and stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread onto waxed paper. When cool, break apart and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 264 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Spiced Cereal Crunch in Country Woman Christmas 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.