- 5 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place carrots and squash in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Gently stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpiced Carrots & Butternut Squash
"Not bad but not something I'd make again. Maybe it would be better NOT in a slow cooker."
"Made this recipe exactly as described and it was aweful. My partner will usually eat anything, and he thought it was bad. Ended up being a waste of a butternut squash and a nice bunch of carrots as most of it went in the garbage."
"We did not care for this. Won't make again."
"Added cranberries. Good fall dish. Nice recipe with carrots that doesn't have a sugary glaze"
"Needs golden raisins or diced apples. Otherwise, a good fall dish.EDIT: Bumping up from 4 to 5 stars after (finally) trying with golden raisins. I added the raisins at the end. This dish will not appeal to the meat-and-potatoes crowd, but those who enjoy ethnic foods will appreciate it."