- 5 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place carrots and squash in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Gently stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpiced Carrots & Butternut Squash
"We did not care for this. Won't make again."
"Added cranberries. Good fall dish. Nice recipe with carrots that doesn't have a sugary glaze"
"Needs golden raisins or diced apples. Otherwise, a good fall dish.EDIT: Bumping up from 4 to 5 stars after (finally) trying with golden raisins. I added the raisins at the end. This dish will not appeal to the meat-and-potatoes crowd, but those who enjoy ethnic foods will appreciate it."