Spiced Butterscotch Fudge
This butterscotch fudge is a nice change from the more typical chocolate varieties. When I have a craving for a little sweet, this fits the bill.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + cooling
MakesAbout 3-1/4 pounds
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook until a candy thermometer reaches 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in chips until melted. Stir in marshmallow creme, pecans if desired and vanilla. Spread into prepared pan. Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares.