VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook until a candy thermometer reaches 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in chips until melted. Stir in marshmallow creme, pecans if desired and vanilla. Spread into prepared pan. Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Yield: About 3-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Spiced Butterscotch Fudge in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p138
Reviews forSpiced Butterscotch Fudge
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2012
"I made this candy yesterday, used mini marshmallows and added chocolate toffee bits. It is delicious. Will make again"