- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and well drained
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir quinoa over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Stir in almond milk, honey, cinnamon and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is almost absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in blueberries and vanilla. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSpiced Blueberry Quinoa
"I liked it. Only had quinoa once and never in breakfast form. I used regular milk, and brown sugar, and added extract earlier. The nutty texture will take some getting used too, but this will be made again for sure."
"I'm sure it's nutritious but I didn't really like it. The blueberries were its saving grace. I might try it again to see if I can do better."