These mildly spiced biscuits taste best served warm. They rely on convenient baking mix and orange yogurt, so they're virtually fuss-free. —Elaine Green, Mechanicsville, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup orange yogurt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon egg substitute, divided
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and ginger. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in yogurt and 1/4 cup egg substitute until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining egg substitute.
- Bake at 425° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 123 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Ginger Biscuits in Quick Cooking September/October 2000