Spiced Baked Apples Recipe
I LOVE harvesttime and being able to cook with all the fresh produce gathered from gardens and groves. Since there's so much of everything, I try to be creative by enhancing old recipes with slight variations. That's what happened with these baked apples. The spices and touch of orange make the flavor just perfect! —Lorraine Chausse Cornwall, Ontario
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large baking apples
- 1. Combine raisins, nuts and orange peel; set aside. In a saucepan, bring brown sugar, water, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Core apples and place in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; fill with raisin mixture. Pour sugar mixture over and around apples. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 369 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 7g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Baked Apples
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC