Eat these spiced oatmeal squares while they're still warm for a cozy morning treat. I freeze mine in single servings so I can grab, microwave and go when I get to work. I'm not too humble to say I have the best breakfast in the office. —Ellie Martin Cliffe, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix first five ingredients; stir in oats, apricots and pecans. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, applesauce and vanilla; gradually whisk in melted butter. Stir into oat mixture.
Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cut into twelve portions; serve with toppings.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled portions of oatmeal in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, microwave each portion on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Serve with toppings. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Apricot Baked Oatmeal in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p74