Spiced Applesauce Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, cinnamon, baking soda and allspice; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 252 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 15, 2009
I am not a fan of muffins, however I have made these 4 times in the past three weeks. I used dried cranberries in place of the raisins. This is REALLY good. They warm up nicely too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.