Spiced Apple-Cranberry Crepes
I'm a newlywed and I love to make up recipes. I created this one when having friends over for brunch during the winter. It is so creamy and delicious! —Shannon Oetter, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Cook: 45 min.
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apples, cranberries, sugar, pie spice, orange zest and lavender in butter until fruit is tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spread each crepe with 2 teaspoons cheese; top with 3 tablespoons apple mixture and roll up. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.