Spiced Apple Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 45 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- CINNAMON SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the milk, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; spoon over cream cheese mixture. Return pan to baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cheesecake from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; cool completely.
- 5. Remove rim from pan. Drizzle sauce over cheesecake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 540 calories, 31g fat (18g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Apple Cheesecake
"Very good and quite easy."
"I made this in my 9-1/2 inch spring-form. My cheesecake cracked, but no one seemed to mind, and the apple chunks kind of disguised the cracking. The sauce got mixed reviews, but we agreed the cheesecake was good--but maybe we'd prefer a caramel sauce over the top."
"I think I cooked the topping too long but it was still great. Would make this again. The Ginger Snap cookies in the crust really set it off from just being a cheesecake."
"I made this for a church potluck and it was all gone! :) Everyone loved it."