Spiced Apple Bagel
Raisins, cinnamon and apples transform a simple bagel into a hot, filling morning meal or try it as a hearty midday snack.—Angela Sansom, New York, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 honey-wheat or plain bagel, split
- 3 tablespoons chopped apple
- 4 teaspoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spread cream cheese on bagel halves. Top with apple and raisins. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over the top. Place on a baking sheet; broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 257 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Spiced Apple Bagel in Taste of Home December/January 1999