Spiced Apple-Apricot Chutney Recipe
Your home will be infused with a fabulous aroma while you're making this nicely spiced fruit chutney. Serve it on the side as an accompaniment for your entree. I love to spread leftovers on turkey slices or on a hot roll.—Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
- 5 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 cups chopped fresh apricots
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Uncover; simmer 35-45 minutes longer or until mixture reaches desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl; cool. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup: 78 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Spiced Apple-Apricot Chutney
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC