Spice Spritz Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Red and green colored sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 105 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 22, 2010
Decent cookie, but there was very little spice taste in these. I had no trouble using them in my cookie press as others did. Will try these again, adding a bit more spice.
Nov 17, 2010
These are by far my favorite cookies. Everybody loves them and they are super easy. It helps if you chill the baking sheets instead of the dough (makes it easier to press but the cookies hold their shape)
Nov 15, 2009
The flavor of these cookies was very nice. I had trouble getting them to work in my cookie press. I chilled the dough but that didn's seem to help. I ended up rolling them into balls, flattened them with a glass and sprinkled colored sugar atop.