Spice Pumpkin Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve frosting consistency. Frost cookies; sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 86 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 2, 2016
Followed the recipe exactly. They were ok. I'm going to add a bit more spice next time.
Oct 11, 2014
These were very tasty as written, though I did double the icing as suggested. I might add a little cinnamon the next time.
Oct 2, 2014
My family loves these! Every Thanksgiving they're the first dessert to vanish! :) (Tip: Don't judge the cookie until you've topped it with the icing. It makes all the difference. They compliment each other)
Sep 27, 2014
I was disappointed in these cookies. They had very little taste; certainly not a bit pumpkin pie! spice ! I even added extra pumpkin pie spice. They did turn out light, not a bit heavy but the taste was disappointing.
Nov 6, 2012
I really liked how these cookies came out. I added a tbsp of ground cinnamon to the mix and instead of frosting I dipped the tops of the warm cookies into a homemade glaze. Yummy.
Nov 4, 2012
Delicious! I doubled the frosting recipe and it came out just right. I also added cinnamon like other reviewers suggested. Easy and tastes like a bakery in town.
Oct 23, 2012
Probably won't make again. The frosting recipe didn't make enough. Could use more cinnamon.
Oct 21, 2012
These cookies came out great. Perfect pumpkin taste, and nice light cake-like consistency. The icing is perfect as well and hardens enough to pack the iced cookies up. I doubled the icing recipe to have enough and had a perfect amount. I also added a little cinnamon to the icing and sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top instead of using nuts. These are delicious and oh so easy for a fall day of baking!
Oct 8, 2012
Made these cookies last week ... family loved them. My niece liked them better than pumpkin bars and her 12 year daughter asked me if I would make a batch for her Thanksgiving "feast" her class is having next month.
Nov 27, 2011
Super soft and great flavor. I did 1 1/2 of the frosting and still ran out. I sprinkled cinnamon on top instead of copped pecans.