Spice Baked Rice Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Make Spicy Baked Rice as hot or as mild as you'd like. For extra zest, use Mexican-style stewed tomatoes. If you prefer a little less heat, omit the hot pepper sauce.
1 each: 337 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 908mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Spice Baked Rice
"I made a few adjustments. I used converted rice and Mexican-style stewed tomatoes. The tomato juice I used was Snap-e-Tom. I grind my own chile powder and used Arbol. When using pure chile powder instead of the generic "chili powder", be aware that the same amount of pure gives stronger heat and at the same time a very distinct flavor as compared with other chile varieties. Finally I used 1 1/2 cups cheese and next time would use 2 cups."
"My question is for someone that has made this is it very spicy??? Thanks"