Speedy Vegetable Soup
"This fresh-tasting soup is packed with colorful nutritious vegetables," writes Vera Bathurst of Rogue River, Oregon. "I've recommended it to my friends for years."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes11 servings (about 3 quarts)
- 2 cans (one 49 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes; heat through. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 38 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Speedy Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home February/March 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.