Speedy Taco Feast
My two teenagers enjoy the taco taste of this hearty main dish, and I appreciate the fact that there's no mess. We like to eat it on cool fall days or snowy winter nights.—Janice Steimer, Rochester, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning, water, salsa and corn; cook and stir until heated through, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions. Spoon batter evenly over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the corn bread comes out clean. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Originally published as Speedy Taco Feast in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.