My two teenagers enjoy the taco taste of this hearty main dish, and I appreciate the fact that there's no mess. We like to eat it on cool fall days or snowy winter nights.—Janice Steimer, Rochester, New York
Recommended: 17 Chili Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded taco or Mexican cheese blend
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning, water, salsa and corn; cook and stir until heated through, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions. Spoon batter evenly over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the corn bread comes out clean. Serve with sour cream, if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Taco Feast in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p298
Reviews forSpeedy Taco Feast
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2011
"Very good. Will probably add onion and/or peppers next time."