Speedy Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, divided
- Ground nutmeg
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, layer sweet potatoes, salt, pineapple, pecans, brown sugar and 1/2 cup marshmallows. Cover and microwave on high for 3 to 6 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Top with the remaining marshmallows.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows puff. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 158 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 24, 2012
Made these for Thanksgiving and for the first time ever, the sweet potatoes were all gone by the end of the meal. I got to take home an empty pan! Delicious and very easy!
Nov 7, 2010
I've made this recipe lots of times, both in the microwave and the oven. It's always popular.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.