"I discovered this yummy sweet potato recipe years ago," relates Beth Buhler, Lawrence, Kansas. "There's no need for lots of butter and sugar because the pineapple and marshmallows provide plenty of sweetness. It's a holiday favorite at our house," she shares.
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, divided
- Ground nutmeg
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, layer sweet potatoes, salt, pineapple, pecans, brown sugar and 1/2 cup marshmallows. Cover and microwave on high for 3 to 6 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Top with the remaining marshmallows.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows puff. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Sweet Potatoes in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p33
Reviews forSpeedy Sweet Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2010
"I've made this recipe lots of times, both in the microwave and the oven. It's always popular."