Speedy Steak Sandwiches
—Ruth Page, Hillsborough, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- Butter, softened
- Prepared mustard
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a broiler, toast one side of the bread. Spread untoasted sides with butter and mustard.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; spread over buttered side of bread. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 299 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 895mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Speedy Steak Sandwiches in Country Woman September/October 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.