On a busy weekday, Debbie relies on her premade meat sauce to put an Italian spaghetti dinner on the table in mere minutes. It's nicely seasoned and has plenty of meat and mushrooms.
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups Big-Batch Beef Sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef sauce, tomato sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Spaghetti in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p14