Speedy Southwest Salad Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1. Place the greens in a large salad bowl. Top with corn and beans.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and picante sauce; spoon over vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tortilla chips, cheese and tomatoes. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 306 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Speedy Southwest Salad
"We love this southwest salad. It goes well with any southwestern main dish."
"Very good! I added some green chiles and some chicken."
"Very simple and delicious! The second time I made it I added ground turkey and a little more ranch and picante."
"This is a yummy salad! I forgot to add the tortilla chips! Bummer! I even got my 3 year old to eat it!"
"I have not tried this recipe, but planning it soon, this recipe is very much like Logan's Steakhouse Recipe, except they add grilled cajun chicken on top."