Speedy Scalloped Potatoes
This recipe calls for boxed potatoes—so there's no peeling and slicing! And with leftover cooked chicken, it's a simple way to make a hearty one-dish dinner.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- In a bowl, combine sauce mix packet from potatoes with the water, soup and poultry seasoning; stir until well blended. Add potatoes and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is golden.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 231 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Speedy Scalloped Potatoes in Country Chicken Cookbook
Jul 12, 2013
This is good and like it says...speedy. I have made this a few times and have never taken the time to review it. It is tasty and creamy and a great go-to when the grand kids come.