VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium zucchini (about 2-inch diameter), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sliced jalapeno peppers* and ripe olives, optional
- Arrange zucchini in a single layer on a large microwave-safe plate coated with cooking spray. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes. Spread 1 teaspoon pizza sauce on each zucchini round; top each with a slice of pepperoni. Heat, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Sprinkle each with cheese, jalapenos and olives if desired. Microwave 40-60 seconds longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Pizza Rings in Country Woman September/October 2000, p35