Speedy Huevos Rancheros Recipe
Canned chilies, Mexican-style tomatoes, onion and bacon add plenty of zippy flavor to this hearty poached egg dish from Therese Langolf of Piru, California. "I often make it when we go camping, because one skilletful provides a hearty breakfast for the whole family," she notes.
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- Flour or corn tortillas, warmed, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Stir in tomatoes, onion and chilies. Simmer, uncovered, until onion is tender.
- 2. With a spoon, make 10 wells in the tomato mixture; break an egg into each. Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Serve with tortillas if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 367 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 444mg cholesterol, 939mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Speedy Huevos Rancheros
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC