VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- Flour or corn tortillas, warmed, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Stir in tomatoes, onion and chilies. Simmer, uncovered, until onion is tender.
- With a spoon, make 10 wells in the tomato mixture; break an egg into each. Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Serve with tortillas if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Huevos Rancheros in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p13