Speedy Homemade Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and process until chunky. Transfer to a small bowl.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 34 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Aug 17, 2013
Albeit using canned tomatoes really makes this speedy, using fresh tomatoes very special. And it really doesn't take that much longer. Other than that, I followed the recipe; don't be tempted to use dried oregano -- it doesn't work.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.