We work up big appetites on our farm, where we raise beef cattle, so I depend on recipes like this that are flavorful and fast. This soup is great served with corn bread.
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef and onion; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Hearty Hamburger Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p101
Reviews forSpeedy Hamburger Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2009
"I love this soup! My family prefers a can of Rotel, instead of the stewed tomatoes, though."