Speedy Hamburger Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef and onion; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 164 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Mar 14, 2009
I make it all the time, although I add a little beef soup base or beef bouillion cubes and a capful of kitchen bouquet to make it more beefy.
Mar 7, 2009
I love this soup! My family prefers a can of Rotel, instead of the stewed tomatoes, though.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.