Speedy Chocolate Mousse
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 12 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the chocolate, 1/3 cup of cream, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; cool for 20 minutes. Whisk in extract and cream cheese until blended; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 285 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 4, 2016
Just made this dish. I would soften the cream cheese before adding to chocolate mixture. I didn't and I have little bits of the cream cheese in the mousse. It still is very good. I forgot to buy the rum extract, so I used Kahlua instead, very good. I also used semi-sweet morsels, so there was no need to finely chop. Will definitely make again.
Feb 14, 2016
I used this recipe to fill puff pastries. Didn't have dark corn syrup so I used light. It still turned out very well. I also used a dark German chocolate. It was easy to pipe into the pastries (I used my pampered chef decorator). Will use this recipe again!
Jun 22, 2013
I make this most Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners! I've made a few times for single Soldiers at the barracks whenever my hubby had duty and it has always been a hit :)