- 12 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the chocolate, 1/3 cup of cream, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; cool for 20 minutes. Whisk in extract and cream cheese until blended; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpeedy Chocolate Mousse
"Just made this dish. I would soften the cream cheese before adding to chocolate mixture. I didn't and I have little bits of the cream cheese in the mousse. It still is very good. I forgot to buy the rum extract, so I used Kahlua instead, very good. I also used semi-sweet morsels, so there was no need to finely chop. Will definitely make again."