- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground allspice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked macaroni, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced green onions, optional
- In a microwave oven, cook beef, onion and garlic on high for 2 minutes in a covered 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; stir to crumble meat. Cover and cook for 2-minutes; drain. Add the next six ingredients; cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes. Stir in the beans. Cover and cook 2-1/2 minutes more. Let stand 3-5 minutes. If desired, serve over macaroni and top with cheese and onions.
1 cup: 315 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 538mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 29g protein.