Speedy Chili Mac
This dish is a staple in our house on busy nights. Everything I need is handy in the pantry, plus everyone gobbles it up. I don't have to worry about any fussy eaters because no one complains.—Shirley Burmeister, Glendale, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a saucepan, cook macaroni in boiling water for 5 minutes. Stir in onion. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender; drain.
- In another saucepan, combine the chili and soup; heat through. Stir in macaroni and 3/4 cup of cheese. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 384 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1144mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Speedy Chili Mac in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.