Speedy Chili Mac
This dish is a staple in our house on busy nights. Everything I need is handy in the pantry, plus everyone gobbles it up. I don't have to worry about any fussy eaters because no one complains.—Shirley Burmeister, Glendale, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a saucepan, cook macaroni in boiling water for 5 minutes. Stir in onion. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender; drain.
- In another saucepan, combine the chili and soup; heat through. Stir in macaroni and 3/4 cup of cheese. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.