Speedy Chicken Marsala
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat or multigrain angel hair pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, mix the flour, lemon pepper and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time; close bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Return chicken to pan, turning to coat with sauce; heat through.
- Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 493 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 40g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 27, 2017
This was really easy, and everyone, including the kids, liked this dish. I used a cast iron skillet that was smoking hot to give the chicken some really beautiful brown color. I added a lot of fresh ground pepper too. For those reviews that said the quantity of sauce was lacking, I would suggest adding equal parts chicken broth to the wine to get the amount you need. Using all chicken broth will also do if you don't have the wine on hand.
Oct 16, 2014
Not bad... not great. As others have said, it needed more flavor and more sauce. I might try again with some modifications
Jun 1, 2014
I'll have to make this again. We recently moved and apparently my new range gets a lot hotter a lot faster so I had to do a lot of fineagaling in order to save the meal. I don't like bland food, so I took the suggestions and added more lemon pepper and some garlic powder to the chicken coating. I also put a whole small bulb of garlic in, since I knew one clove was not going to cut it. Finally, I doubled the wine to make sure there was enough. It still turned out really good, but only one piece of chicken was golden the way I like and I gave that piece to my husband. He loved it. My son who is 6 also really liked it.
Mar 2, 2014
Very yummy. Next time, I will add more wine to make more sauce.
Feb 26, 2014
My husband and I made this last night, it was ok, nothing special, we were disappointed in the sauce, wasn't really a sauce, too thin and too little of it, after reducing according to recipe. The mushrooms were delicious, but overall I was disappointed. Probably won't make this particular recipe again.
Feb 26, 2014
I agree 100% with mel7445...made this exactly as listed, and it was absolutely unresolved in what it wanted to be. Bland, lacking in every sense. Maybe if I'd tried doctoring it up like KarenKeefe did, but then it's not the same recipe. It needs a serious workover. As it was, had to add lemon juice just to finish the plate. This is NOT restaurant quality...I'd be sending it back if they brought me something like this. From where are all these 5-star ratings coming from? Friends and family?
Feb 25, 2014
I rubbed the chicken breasts with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. I added 1/4 c. cooking sherry along with the Marsala wine. I served it for a crowd of 10 ... it received raving reviews! Definitely a keeper!
Feb 24, 2014
Just as good as Macaroni Grill!!!
Feb 19, 2014
I followed the recipe exactly, but the flavors of this dish didn't so anything for us. It was very bland and disappointing, Wouldn't make it again and won't be eating leftovers.
Nov 17, 2013
Pretty good. Not exactly speedy, IMO, with all the chicken pounding and all. A good way to use mushrooms up. Will probably make again.