Speedy Broccoli Cheese Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute carrot and onion in butter until carrot is tender. Add milk, water, broccoli and pepper; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally. Add soup and cheese; cook over low heat until soup is heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 209 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Nov 21, 2015
Quick and easy and very tasty. I went to Panera bread and bought bread bowls and served to soup in them. Made it all the better.
Oct 14, 2012
This recipes was so simple and tasted amazing. It tasted just as good as the recipe I've been making for years and I didn't have to slave away in the kitchen for hours. Needed a little sea salt and more pepper but other than that, it was perfect!!
Jan 4, 2012
Good and easy as is but next time I will replace the water with chicken broth for even more flavor. :)
Dec 15, 2011
Making it for dinner tonight :)
Dec 7, 2011
Made this really fast for my fiance after work, turned out really well i used fresh broccoli instead of the frozen broccoli, but amazingly tasty!!!!
Oct 5, 2011
My children love this soup! So easy to make..definately a must in our house!
Feb 25, 2011
This recipe was delicious!