Speedy Beef Pasties
I fine it very convenient to make these pasties ahead of tie and freeze. That way I can thaw and bake just the right amount needed for the two of us.—Jeannine Ellis, Michigan City, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) diced carrots, drained
- 1 medium potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) pie crust mix
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in carrots, potato, cheese, ketchup, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Prepare pie crusts according to package directions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. square. Cut each into four squares. Place about 1/2 cup met mixture in the center of each square. Moisten edges of pastry with water and fold over filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal; prick tops with a fork. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 400 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Speedy Beef Pasties in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.