Speedy Beef Hash
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced green onions and ripe olives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 7-9 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Stir in salsa. Sprinkle with cheese; cook until melted. Sprinkle with onions and olives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 373 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein.
Sep 11, 2019
Excellent recipe! I substituted of sliced potatoes for the hash browns and leftover sharp cheddar for the Monterrey Jack, with excellent results.
Apr 24, 2015
This was very easy and really good. But it is only as good as the salsa you use. So make sure you use salsa you think is really good. I like a fresh made salsa I get at the grocery store. I wouldn't recommend salsa in a jar.
Jun 25, 2014
Quick, easy and tasty! Perfect for when you need something quick.