Speedy Bean Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) jalapeno pinto beans, undrained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 117 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 4, 2012
This recipe is a family favorite! My 8 year old daughter made this tonight (with my help of course!). We added some chicken broth and some cubed ham, turned out great!