- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 soup can water
- 3 cans (15.8 ounces each) great northern or navy beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) jalapeno pinto beans, undrained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine all ingredients. Simmer about 20 minutes. Yield: 3 qts.
Reviews forSpeedy Bean Soup
"This recipe is a family favorite! My 8 year old daughter made this tonight (with my help of course!). We added some chicken broth and some cubed ham, turned out great!"