VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) jalapeno pinto beans, undrained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 quarts.
Originally published as Speedy Bean Soup in Country Woman January/February 1992, p37
Reviews forSpeedy Bean Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2012
"This recipe is a family favorite! My 8 year old daughter made this tonight (with my help of course!). We added some chicken broth and some cubed ham, turned out great!"